Now available: Eclipse Golo 3.4.0
We know, it’s been a very long time since we last had a release, but today we are happy to offer Golo 3.4.0!
This release is here thanks to the contributions of Yannick Loiseau and Philippe Charrière.
How to get Golo 3.4.0
You may also get artifacts from Maven Central.
A note about Java versions
Golo 3.4.0 has been validated on Java 8.
It will mostly work with reflective access warnings of Java strong encapsulation with Java 11+, but it will not run with Java 17 unless you manually “open” modules.
Here’s the changelog of Golo 3.4.0-M1 and 3.4.0.
3.4.0-M1 to 3.4.0
- Sort compiling files by @yloiseau in https://github.com/eclipse/golo-lang/pull/567
- 📝 add 2 new tutorials: 🙀 OMG there is no class in Golo by @k33g in https://github.com/eclipse/golo-lang/pull/556
- Refactor bytecode generation by @yloiseau in https://github.com/eclipse/golo-lang/pull/570
- FIX: return in try skips finally by @yloiseau in https://github.com/eclipse/golo-lang/pull/569
- Add GitPod support by @k33g in https://github.com/eclipse/golo-lang/pull/573
- Python-like Contexts by @yloiseau in https://github.com/eclipse/golo-lang/pull/575
- Improve documentation by @yloiseau in https://github.com/eclipse/golo-lang/pull/577
- Metadata improvement by @yloiseau in https://github.com/eclipse/golo-lang/pull/578
- Reworked Dockerfile
- README and CONTRIBUTING files cleanup
- Automated deployment
- Use a fancy test logger
- Reimplementing destructuring
- Adds man pages for the golo commands
- Fix nested try
- Nested try block
- Adds Java annotation to golo elements
- Starting a Gradle 6 Kotkin build script
- Upgrade some dependencies
- Upgrade to Gradle 6
- The big yearly copyright update
- Hygienic macros