Now available: Golo 3.0.0 milestone 1
We are pleased to share the first milestone towards Golo 3.0.0. This milestone marks the first result since our transition to the Eclipse Foundation.
The march towards a 3.0.0 release will comprise a yet undefined number of milestones. As you can see on our roadmap, we will make a new milestone available every 6 weeks.
While we have been quite busy with the transition to Eclipse, this milestone still contains many changes since version 2.1.0:
- JDK 8 is now required.
- Support for Java 8 lambdas / functional interfaces.
- Support for named arguments, leveraging JDK 8 bytecode metadata.
- New union types.
- Operators priorities and left-associativity have been fixed in the LL(k) parser.
- Augmentations can now define a fallback method.
- New lazy lists.
- foreach loops can now have a guard condition.
- Function references are now represented using FunctionReference rather than straight MethodHandle.
- Decorators can now change function arities.
- Deprecated array methods and functions have been removed.
- Easier adapters generation API.
- CLI subcommands are now defined through a SPI for modularity and extensibility.
funfunction can now retrieve instance methods.
- Fixes in arithmetic comparison operators.
- Fixes in special character escaping in String and char literals.
- Documentation generation is now self-contained with Asciidoctor instead of Asciidoc.