Now available: Golo 3.1.0 milestone 1
Happy new year everyone!
Here is the first milestone of Golo 3.1.0, and we have great changes to share with you.
- The new
gololang.Errorsmodules provides functional error handling capabilities.
- An issue with named parameters and directly-called anonymous function references has been fixed.
uniontypes are now being detected as compilation errors.
orIfNulloperator was incorrectly eager, it has now been made lazy.
- Overloaded instance methods from Java APIs are now supported, with proper call site invalidation. This augments the Golo to Java inter-operability.
- The runtime support for instance methods resolution has been refactored.
- A rare variable arguments matching issue has been fixed.
- Augmentations are now also resolved based on the call stack, so that a calling module also offers its visible augmentations as a fallback.
- Operator call sites now use an exception-based invalidation mechanism rather that a guard-based one.
- Structures are now comparable.
- Issues when mixing module state and closure state have been addressed.
- A new console ANSI codes module is part of the standard API.
- Custom factory functions can now be defined for structures.
- Implicit modules are now imported after the explicit ones.
- The compiler intermediate representation API has been refactored.